HollyDeanArtist: Often Medieval in Mood: A Golden Evening.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Golden Evening.

MINI driving.

On Thursday, I jumped in the MINI and headed off to Kemptville, ON. It was a fabulous drive through beautiful countryside on a golden, summery evening - windows down and music blaring.


One of Catharine's textural mixed media paintings.

I was on my way to Sienna Fine Arts Studio in Kemptville, ON, the new studio space of fellow OMMA [Ottawa Mixed Media Artists] member Catharine Clarke. This is where Catharine gives painting workshops, creates, and displays her inspiring mixed media paintings. Check out her website here and her blog here.



The lovely Andrea.

On this particular evening, a small group of artists gathered at Catharine's studio for a Golden Lecture Demo by Andrea Warren, our local Working Artist for Golden Artist Colours. Andrea is a delight. She brought such enthusiasm to her presentation, along with her knowledge and experience. It was an information-packed two hours, filled with yummy sample boards and "AHA!" moments throughout. There was even a "Goody-Bag" of Golden paints & mediums that we all came away with :)



I love my Golden paints and mediums.

I headed home refreshed and invigorated. It was wonderful to re-connect with fellow artists and meet new ones. And I have even more ideas to try out in my own studio!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....what a perfect way to spend an evening...good friends...and Golden samples!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails