HollyDeanArtist: Often Medieval in Mood: A new approach to painting.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A new approach to painting.


I've been drinking in Flora Bowley's book, Brave Intuitive Painting.
It feels so good to let go and try new things!

Painting over an older canvas feels good too... a chance for something new to emerge.
How appropriate that the original painting was called AGAIN!

Let go. Be bold. Unfold. That's what I'm allowing myself to do.

I'm amazed at how much the painting is changing. Not holding back, that's for sure!
Painting with fingers and lots of calligraphic marks happening.

Wow! Way out of my comfort zone. Not to worry.... that's the point. Try something else.

OK. I've discovered that I love to work with a foam brush and dab and spray and drip.

I'm loving how the painting is evolving and I am excited to finish it,
just in time to be juried on Saturday for the OMMA
[Ottawa Mixed Media Artists] January Exhibition: Proverbs.


I'll post a picture of the final painting when it's ready.

Here's to brave, intuitive painting! Give it a try :)

7 comments:

  1. That's exactly what happened to me when I read this book! It gave me energy to try new things!
    See the May 5, 2012 post on my blog at http://veroniquestefanica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, VĂ©ronique! I checked out your blog post. Isn't it wonderful what this book has the power to do? I think I will be revisiting it over and over again :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the freedom and exuberance of those marks, Holly! I may have to put this one on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharmon. You will LOVE it!!!

      Delete
    2. I always take photos along the way too Holly. The first one for Proverbs however didn't get too many shots. I was too excited seeing what was happening, too impatient to get to the next step. while the process is very freeing and brought me back to the fun of creating, I still believe that we'll all end up with very different work but still our own style.

      Delete
  3. I'm inspired by this, Holly, and will order the book. I also like taking photos while I"m working on a piece of art. I really like to see how pieces evolve. And, digital is just so easy! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE the book, Katharine. It's about life as much as it is about art :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails